Aspiring Safety Attn: Re-sling Department 1/6 Burdale Street Riccarton, Christchurch 8011 New Zealand
Once we receive the cams it usually takes 2-3 days to re-sling. When complete we will email you a link to pay online via credit card or PayPal. There is no need to pay before sending us your gear. Inside your package please include a phone number, email address, and return shipping address.
- Single or double (extendable) slings available. Single slings, if applicable, will always use the BD double layer method to increase the strength against wire loops. Some cams, such as the old Camalots with a cast head) may be limited to single loop slings based on the design.
- Variety of colours.
- We do our best to match up colours with the original cam slings, please leave your current slings on there so we can match or label each sling with the desired colour.
- 13mm Dyneema webbing.
- 16mm Nylon webbing is also available upon request
- Strength rating 22kN (please note this is the strength of the sling only your cam may be rated less).
Shipping Information – Important
If you’re shipping cams from New Zealand please read through the page & form on our NZ website instead.
- Declare them as repairs not goods to save any customs dramas. Marking the declared value less than $400 (including the shipping cost) will most likely avoid them being held up by customs.
- We recommend completing and attaching the following form to the outside of your parcel.
- After you send them let us know the tracking # (if applicable) and your contact info.
Due to the weight of the cams the cost of replacement cam slings doesn’t count towards our usual $120 free freight offer but we will ship them back for free with any other order that does. Your order and the cams must be shipped back at the same time. If you would like to take advantage of this offer just place an order before we ship your cams back with a note asking us to bundle the two. Your entire order will be shipped by NZ Post International Courier.
If you would like a certain colour on each cam please label prior to sending. See above for current colour options as they do change from time to time. If no labels are found we typically try to match the existing sling colour.
Dyneema Sling Colours
- 10mm Dyneema – Red, Orange, Light Blue, Black (for small hexes only)
- 13mm Dyneema – Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, Black, Grey (New!)
Sling Style & Material
By default we now sew any “cable loop” style cams using the BD double layer method. We’re still happy to stich them with double loops if requested but will double check before doing any work. For tricams we typically try to match the length, width and style of the existing slings.
Nylon slings are also possible but we are a bit more limited on the available colours:
- 16mm Tubular Nylon – Green, Blue, Purple
- 20mm Flat Nylon – Gold, Blue, Red
We do not offer a re-sling service on DMM Mambas.
Hexes too small to be threaded with 13mm Dyneema will use 10mm instead. This has the same strength rating when tested to the requirements of EN 566.
Wash Your Gear
We recently had a climber have their cams held for over 2 weeks for biosecurity assessment before being delivered to us. Not sure if it was due to the cams being dirty or just bad luck but to be safe please wash your gear before shipping just in case.
Return Freight to Australia
|Weight||Estimated Cost (International Courier)
||With Order of $120 or More
(Not Including Cam & Hex Slings)
|0.50 kg||$37.00||Free – Make the most of this offer and save yourself some money and get more great gear!
Please note this excludes Torches with Lithium batteries. There is an additional price on shipping which will send via DHL
Free Return Shipping Offer
If you would like to take advantage of the free return shipping please place a separate order of $120 or more and add a note on checkout asking for the order to be bundled with your cams. Be sure to select the free shipping option on checkout. Please note this excludes Torches with Lithium batteries. There is an additional price on shipping which will send via DHL
Lost Return Packages / Insurance
We have yet to see any return shipments go missing 🤞 and hopefully we never will but just in case here’s what your gear is covered for. Returned cams sent on NZ Post International Courier (the standard service) can be insured for up to $2000 but may depend on the declared value of the shipment. Additional insurance up to $5000 is available for $15. Please note that as we are returning used gear we have no say in what NZ Post will ultimately value the gear at. We are happy to declare the returned goods at a specified value (declare on the repair form). More information on the amount covered can also be found via the following link.